Translate

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Education is a Road/ What I Learned in EDU 100


One thing I will take away from this class that I didn’t have before is the knowledge of all the different types of education that are available in the world today. Not only are there different teaching styles and theories as to what is the best way to provide an education, but there are also schools that teach in completely different ways the public schools I knew growing up. I wasn’t aware of the diversity in the educating process before this class, and I think that is something very important to know about when making the decision to become a teacher. Another great thing I learned from this class was about all the issues with public education today. I wasn’t aware of all the ways people have thought of to better education, and I think these are very important to know as well, because they may be the new ways of teaching in the future. I think one of the most important things I will take away from this class is what I learned during my time observing a classroom. Watching an elementary school teacher gave me a real idea of what teaching is like as a career, and working with children gave me a chance to see what my strengths and weaknesses are in this field. This experience really opened my eyes to what being a teacher is like, and made me more confident in my decision to teach.

Education is like a road. It can take you anywhere you want to go, if you’re willing to take the time to travel down it. There are roads that lead to many different places, and education can similarly take you to so many different careers, experiences, lifestyles, etc… Education can be a very smooth and easy road for some students, while other may have a bumpy road and struggle through parts of their education. However, while everyone’s road is different, they all learn from their travels, and everyone has the ability to get to their destination. Some people know where their road is going to take them, and they succeed by sticking to their planned path. However others can be equally successful by changing their course and discovering what they want along the way. Teachers in this sense are like maps or signs, guiding students in the right direction along their journey. It is ultimately the student’s choice whether they want to heed the advice and direction given by teachers, or whether they want to pave their own path, but teachers are there to make the road a little smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment